Christian Evangelism - www.repentandturn.com

Sharing our experiences in witnessing to others about Jesus Christ daily, as well as going out to street witness. We educate and train God's people in the principles of Biblical Evangelism, encouraging them to faithfully fulfill the Great Commission.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Branson SWAT TEAM Witnessing - 9/17/05

Street Witnessing And Training
Taking Evangelism Across Missouri
Well, Praise God! Leann and I, along with out my 11 year old daughter, Alexis, took our Way of the Master class from church, Tri-Lakes Center, out to historic downtown Branson to pass out tracts and share the gospel one-2-one with people. Overall, there were 8 people that came out, plus GNN Seed Sower Teresa Stevens and her husband Ken, from Joplin, Missouri. That's a total of 13 people.
We met at the church for last minute instruction and prayer before heading out. My pastor was taking video all throughout the witnessing time. He took the video, along with the pictures that Leann took, and had them made into a video with background music (because the audio was not good). He burned me a copy of the DVD. If I can figure out how to do it, I will put it on my website. He played it during Sunday morning service. He talked about how glad he was of the team that went out to evangelize and share their faith in this training. He introduced Teresa and Ken Stevens (Seed Sower) that drove to Branson from Joplin to assist in the training.

I want to thank Teresa and Ken for coming down. We had a great time out witnessing together, as well as visiting all day and evening Saturday. They are truly a blessing. Thank God for you!

Here is a pic of some of us. The others met us out there.

There was an Arts and Crafts Fair going on when we arrived. They had some of the streets blocked off. Many people were downtown.

Here is a picture of me talking with Jeana and Jackie from the Chicago area. That is my pastor behind us (Pastor Mark Shorey). He was video taping the one-2-one. We went through the law and grace and they seemed interested. They thought we were all going to be forgiven, though. We went through how that they would not be forgiven unless they repented and turned from their sin and trusted in Jesus Christ as their Savior. They thanked me for talking with them.



Here is Larry Moody from the WOTM class. He is in charge of the Men's Ministry at the church. He didn't even wait around for any on-site training. We went off on his own, with his wife, Robbin, and two teenage daughters, and started out by passing out tracts and asking people, "Would you consider yourself to be a good person?"

Larry is passionate about reaching the lost and sharing his faith. He had a very long conversation with a different man that was being intellectual regarding religion. The man thought all roads lead to God. Larry was very patient and explained what the Bible says. The man said that Larry sounded very sincere, and what he was saying was very interesting, IF he could only be sure that he was correct. This man had the Word of God planted in his life. It will not return void.



Here is a lady that either my wife or daughter (Alexis is on the right side in the orange shirt) handed a tract to. She stood there and read it outloud, then kept reading it for quite a while, really pondering what she read.


Here I am talking with Ed, who lives in Branson. He works down at one of the restaurants. He said that he is a Christian. We went through the law and grace anyway, just so that he could hear it.


Here is Seed Sower, Teresa Stevens along with Vivian, who is from our class. Teresa was training Vivian in how to use the law and grace out in the street. Vivian only attended one class then came out with us. She has a passion for the lost.


Now, this gentleman's name is Bill from Jacksonville, Arkansas. He is a retired chaplin, but he is apparently still working as a chaplin. I gave him a couple tracts for his grandkids. He stated that he was already born-again. I asked him if we could do a role-play and go through how we are out sharing our faith. I went through the law and grace. Notice the gentleman beside us leaning up against the post office box. He is listening very intently to everything that is being said, as well as the lady behind us. I was talking loud enough for all of them to hear.




Teresa decided to do open-air preaching. One of the ladies that goes to our church, Darlene, owns a store in downtown Branson. She loaned Teresa a chair to use for elevation. She did a great job! She went through some trivia questions giving away dollars. Then she got a volunteer for the "Good Person Test". She went through the law and grace with her.
After the open-air, a teacher from a local school came up and said she was a teacher, as well as the Youth for Christ teacher at the school. She said that she would be interested in getting this taught to the Youth for Christ at the school. Teresa gave her a "Hell's Best Kept Secret" CD and her e-mail address. I gave her my ministry card as well. I hope she calls.

This is Leann and I along with Teresa and Ken. After the witnessing, we went out to eat. We then drove around Branson. It was here that two men were drinking a beer and smelling of alcohol while looking at the water. I handed them each a million dollar bill gospel tract. They said thanks and walked to their truck. They yelled over and asked for another one for their kids.
I gave them another, as well as pulled the pink and blue illusion tract on them. They said, "Hey, the police need to use that one!" hehe Here they were drinking and driving and saying that.
Larry also had a good conversation with a young couple named Heather and Ryan from Excelsior Springs, Missouri (just Northeast of Kansas City, MO). They were youth leaders from a church up there, if I am remembering correctly. They were interested in teaching this there. I gave them my ministry card and said to contact me and I will assist them any way I can.
Both my wife and I had other conversations with quite a few folks, going through the law and grace, as well as did the other people from the class. The people all seem to be receiving this well.
Overall, we didn't pass out as many tracts as last weekend, because many of the people we passed out tracts to were willing to talk. That's a good thing!!
Thank you to the folks that have been praying for us.
Please click on "comments" below and leave me your opinion.
I thank God for you.
Brad St. Clair
My website: www.repent-and-turn.com
Are you a good person...take the test: www.needgod.com