Christian Evangelism - www.repentandturn.com

Sharing our experiences in witnessing to others about Jesus Christ daily, as well as going out to street witness. We educate and train God's people in the principles of Biblical Evangelism, encouraging them to faithfully fulfill the Great Commission.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Branson S.W.A.T. T.E.A.M. Witnessing - 9/10/05

Street Witnessing And Training
Taking Evangelism Across Missouri


This afternoon we went to historic downtown Branson, Missouri to pass out gospel tracts and witness to people. We took our team, which so far consists of myself, my wife Leann, my 13 year old son, Dillon, and my 11 year old daughter, Alexis. We also had the company of a lady named Jeanne Sawyer, who is from our Way of the Master Foundation Course at church, go out to observe us passing out tracts and witnessing.

It was a fairly crowded day in downtown Branson. There were quite a few bus tours there at the time, all doing sightseeing and shopping. There are many retirees here. It is amazing how many people say they are Christians when you go to speak with them.

Before we were even able to head different directions, I spoke to a man and his wife who walked past us, seen the Giant $100 Bills in my hand, and asked if we were giving away money. I gave them 2. Then proceeded to ask what they thought happens to us when we die? They believed in heaven and hell. The man said that he would go to heaven. We went through the law and some grace, but then when I asked them if they would been innocent or guilty on Judgement Day, the wife said that we won't be judged. They said that they were Christians. They thanked me for talking with them.

I took Dillon and went on one side of the block, and my wife took Alexis and Jeanne and stood across the street. We probably passed out 500 gospel tracts between all of us. Many of them were the "Million Dollar Bill" and the "Giant $100 Bills". Some "America America" and some "Pink and Blue's". I would say it's a toss up for the favorite one...some people liked the Giant $100 Bills and some liked the "Million Dollar Bills" best.

I spoke to a gentleman named Sam. Sam is a Christian from Houston. He was there with his wife and about 5 kids-not sure if they were all his. Some of the younger adult kids said they did go though some "Way of the Master" training, which is a very Biblical way of evangelism, in Texas. I gave Sam my ministry card. He said he will contact me about having someone in his area contact him in regards to this training. He is interested in possibly going out to witness. Sam and his wife said that they liked the name of our ministry, "Repent and Turn Ministries". And that Christians now days are not really doing the "repenting" part, that they are living just like the world. They were looking for a church to go to Sunday morning. I told him about my church, and he said they will plan on seeing us there.

After speaking with Sam, Dillon showed me there were three ladies in a parked van waving to us. We went over and they asked if they could have 5 of the Giant $100 Bills. I gave them the tracts. I informed them that it was a gospel tract. They said they were all Christians. I asked if they considered themselves to be good people, they did. Do you think you've kept the Ten Commandments? We went through the law and grace. They thanked me for doing this.

Leann and Alexis, along with Jeanne, passed out many Million Dollar Bills. She took two sets of people through the law (asking if they lied, stolen, lusted and blasphemed). After going through the law, one lady mentioned that they were Christians, and told Leann she didn't have to go through the grace, then left. The other lady was taken through the law, and then when the question, "Would you be innocent or guilty on the Day of Judgement?" came about, the husband said, we have to go. They left.

Dillon and I walked up to three elderly women named Julie, Norma and Bee from Florida (they told me it was pronounced "Flaurida" hehe) sitting on a bench on the sidewalk. We gave them some gospel tracts. They said they were all Christians. We talked a while and I asked if I could show them how we go about witnessing to someone that "isn't a Christian". We went through the law and grace. They thanked us and said it was very interesting. They said that they didn't lust, though. In their generation, it wasn't like it is now...people didn't go around lusting all the time because of what is on television, etc.

One group of 3 men, retirees here with a church group, were standing around. It looked like were waiting on their wives. I started talking to them. They didn't want to take a gospel tract and finally did so. They thought they were good people. We started going through the law and they looked insulted that I was asking them these questions. Only one man ended up speaking, the one that seemed more offended, and said that he is going to heaven because he is saved. I went through grace anyway. I thanked them and talked to them a while longer about Branson shows, etc.

There were a couple of people that said they were good people, but when I asked them if they have kept the Ten Commandments, they said "pretty much". Then when I asked if we could go through some of them to see how they do, they refused. It appeared to me that they didn't want to be shown exactly how much they have offended God.

Overall, people were very friendly. We thank God for Jeanne coming out with us today.

Next Saturday, we are planning on taking a group of people to downtown Branson to pass out gospel tracts and witness.
Feel free to leave me comments below.
My website: www.repent-and-turn.com

Are you a good person...take the test: www.needgod.com