Christian Evangelism - www.repentandturn.com

Sharing our experiences in witnessing to others about Jesus Christ daily, as well as going out to street witness. We educate and train God's people in the principles of Biblical Evangelism, encouraging them to faithfully fulfill the Great Commission.

Friday, November 17, 2017

Everyday Life Witnessing to a Hair Stylist



As Christians, we know we are called to share the gospel, share your faith, or be a witness to those around us - whatever you choose to call it.  However, actually putting this into practice takes more than just thinking about it.  


I am sharing my witnessing experience today to help motivate and encourage you to be a witness for Jesus in this world - and to allow you to see what the average person thinks in regards to Jesus and the gospel. 


Now, I still feel bad about not going into detail about the gospel message, but I am still growing in this.  It's much easier for me to go out on the street and talk to people than it is in my everyday life.  


Today I went to get my hair cut.  I don't recall this young lady ever cutting my hair before, but it's possible.  She was maybe mid-20's, dyed red hair, with tattoos. 


She was very friendly and talkative.  Her name was Kelsey.  She asked me what I am doing this weekend.  Well, I knew at this point that I could tell her what the plans were, but it would mean I would have to bring up God, Jesus, and everything that entails.  Have you ever had Satan throw thoughts and fears into your mind when it comes time for you to stand up and be a witness for the Lord and share the gospel or God's Word? 


Well, it definitely happens to me, and I believe it happens to every Christian.  This is the defining moment.  What will you do?  God took the time to bring a divine appointment in front of you to be a witness for Him.  Will you be ashamed of Jesus and His words?  Sadly, I have to say that I have been.  But, in Mark 8:38 Jesus says, "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”  


I have been praying that God will use me more in my everyday life, to talk about Him and walk through open doors to share the gospel.  Today I was given the chance to either do what I was praying about or chicken out.  


So, back to the story.  Kelsey asked me what I had planned to do this weekend.  Well, I told her that my wife and I were planning on going to watch "Justice League" on Sunday, and I explained to her what the movie was.


Now it was time to tell her the other plans I had this weekend.  Here goes...


Me:  I am also helping a ministry on Saturday to take Thanksgiving baskets to poor families.  We are going to give them a free basket of food and tell them about Jesus and tell them that Jesus loves them and ask them if we can pray for them.


Kelsey:  (With amazement and unbelief in her voice) You are actually going to tell someone, "Jesus loves you"? 


Me:  Yes, as well as other things about God.  


Kelsey:  Oh wow, I haven't heard anyone doing something like that in a really long time.  Are you a minister or something?  


Me:  Well, yes, but that's not really the reason I tell people about Jesus.  Do you have a Christian background?


Kelsey:  My mom and dad took us to church when we were little, and mom used to say grace before we ate.  Then things like sports and other things came in and it got busy and then we didn't do it anymore.  


Me:  I also do some other things, but I don't want you to think bad about me. 


Kelsey:  (Now curious) What is it?  Come on, tell me.  


Me:  I go out into public areas and pass out gospel tracts and talk to people about Jesus.  I even have a speaker with a headset microphone that I use to preach.  


Kelsey:  What is a gospel tract?


Me:  It is a piece of literature that has Bible verses and the gospel message on it.  


Kelsey:  What is the gospel?


Me:  The gospel is that Jesus died for our sins.


Kelsey:  Well, I know of people who come to God when something bad happened to them, like addiction or something like that.  


Me:  Yes, that does happen sometimes, because Jesus will be there for a relationship with them.  It isn't just a religious thing, it's having a relationship with Jesus.  Jesus loves them.  


And that was pretty much the way the witnessing conversation ended.  We kept talking about other things.  Now, when I left, I gave her one of my custom-made Million Dollar Bill gospel tracts, and told her about my name on it, my ministry name and the website address.  I also showed her the back of the gospel tract, where the gospel message is written and said that she should read it to see what I was talking about. 


I gave her a large tip and I left.  Please, never, NEVER, witness to someone that is serving you and earns tips and not leave them a generous tip.  Satan will use that "offense" to snatch the seed of the Word of God out of their heart that you spent precious time sewing.  


Please pray that the Holy Spirit will convict Kelsey's heart.  


I hope this encouraged you and motivates you to share the gospel and be a witness for Christ in your everyday life.  Don't let Satan silence you.  Don't be ashamed of God and His Word.  


In Christ, 
Brad St. Clair
  




2 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good job Brad, when I have a situation like that I always think of the verse that says I am not ashamed of the gospel Romans 1:16 It helps motivate me to be more bold in my witness. Thanks for this blog, God bless you brother...

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Brad St. Clair said...

Thanks, Jeffery. Yes, that is a great verse. I should have used it. ;-) God bless you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home